Tata Power launched PowerQuest, a first-of-its-kind case study contest for students from premier B-Schools. The contest was launched as a part of their Marketing & Communications strategy with an aim to creatively connect with the millennials and Gen Z and embrace and nurture their potential. Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS-MPSTME) was declared as the winner for PowerQuest 2019 Season 1.
What started off with 5 campuses soon expanded to 13 colleges with over 450 registrations owing to the increased interest amongst other premier B-Schools. A five member jury comprising of Tata Power’s senior leadership (names of the jury members mentioned below) with an expertise in areas like Business Development, Business Collaboration, Sales & Marketing and Business Excellence evaluated and shortlisted 11 presentations based on:
- Benchmarking on impactful Millennial & Generation Z focused initiatives by global and National players
- Recommendations for creating differentiation through communications and marketing strategy
- Positioning for Tata Power to reach younger customers
- Methods to evaluate effectiveness of the recommendations
The final winner was announced basis the quality of the presentations and the ability to answer the case comprehensively covering all aspects of background research, analysis and solution.
Ms. Shalini Singh, Chief – Corporate Communications & Sustainability, Tata Power, an eminent part of the five-member jury said, “Customers, today, demand much more than power from their utilities. Through PowerQuest we aim to explore new ways to meet our customers’ demands and hope to grow manifold in our campus engagements in the future. On behalf of my fellow jury members and Tata Power I congratulate the winners and all participants the first seasons of PowerQuest a memorable and effective competition.”
While the NMIMS team was awarded with an opportunity to intern with Tata Power’s marketing and communication team, the runner-up team was presented with a Samsung tablet. Other runner-up teams were presented with trophies along with certificates for all participants.
Eminent Jury members:
- Atul Agarwal, Senior Vice President – Corporate Brand and Marketing, Tata Services
- Sujit Patil, Head – Corporate Brand & Communications, Godrej Industries Ltd.
- Ashish Khanna, President – Renewables, Tata Power Ltd.
- Shalini Singh, Chief – Corporate Communications & Sustainability, Tata Power Ltd.
- Sydney Lobo, Head – Innovation & Business Collaboration, Tata Power Ltd.